CTIA® – Certified TIA-942 Internal Auditor
This two-day intensive course builds further on the technical understanding of the standard acquired in the CTDC® (Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant)course. It enables participants to develop skills and knowledge to conduct an internal audit program by applying widely recognised audit principles, procedures and techniques which are aligned with the ISO-19011 auditing guideline.
The primary audiences for this course are quality directors and quality assurance managers, managers responsible for the governance of an enterprise and management of its risks, technical experts, project managers and consultants, internal auditors, compliance officers and virtually anybody involved in ANSI/TIA-942 compliance certification related projects either from an end-user or vendor perspective.
Participants must hold a valid CTDC certificate in order to be able to register for the CTIA class.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Prepare the organisation for an audit according to ANSI/TIA-942 including preparation of the required documents, resource planning and management of the audit process itself
- Conduct an internal audit according to ANSI/TIA-942 following ISO-19011 guidelines
- Facilitate and support the external audit to ANSI/TIA-942
- Manage the post-audit process with respect to CAR (Corrective Action Reports), gap closing and _nal certification
- Facilitate surveillance and recertification audits
Fundamental concepts and process of an internal audit
- Terms and de_nitions
- Difference between an internal and external auditor
- Audit principles
- Auditor competency requirements
Managing an audit programme
- Establishing the audit objectives
- Establishing the audit programme
Planning the audit
- Planning the schedule
- Resource planning
- Tools/equipment required
- Document requirements
– Design documents
– Process documents
Conducting the audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
- Conducting the audit
- Document review
- Facility review
- Typical non-conformities
- Preparing the audit conclusions
- Conducting the closing meeting
Preparing and distributing the audit report
- Audit report requirements
- Classification of non-conformities
- Typical format of an audit report
Following up on the audit
- The CAR – Corrective Action Report
- Evaluation of the Corrective Action Report
Requesting a formal external audit
Issuing a conformity certificate
- Requirements of the certificate
- Registration of the certificate
Exam: Certified TIA-942 Internal Auditor)
The 60 min closed-book certification exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must achieve a minimum of 32 correct answers to pass the exam.Attendees who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certifi¬ed TIA-942 Internal Auditor’ (CTIA®) Certificate.
The CTIA certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required. Please see the EPI Recertification Program for available options.
CTIA® is world-wide accredited by EXIN.